Friday, January 14, 2011

Harry Potter...what a thrill!!





We went to the Harry Potter exhibit yesterday and were not disappointed.   What fun...original costumes, lots of fun and interesting props, movie clips, etc, etc, etc.  It was delightful.  My only glitch in the day was that they didn't allow pictures in the exhibit.   I HAD to take one of my children looking at the display of the Quidich (sp?) equipment.  They were enthralled-- so, the picture is more about how their "entralled-ness" than the actual display.  I LOVED watching them. 

We were in the gift store for 15-20 minutes before I was told not to take pictures in there either...???? Who knew that there was a gift store on earth that did not allow pictures.....???? 

The girls wanted to buy things at the gift store, but, they had the wrong parent with them for that part of the adventure...so, we took pictures of them standing by the things they thought were cool and they wished they could buy.  That worked yesterday, I don't see it working in my future (but then again, I didn't buy the crystal ball either...)

5 comments:

TheBrockKids said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TheBrockKids said...

What a delightful experience. Seems like you threw your husband under the bus when you mentioned HE would be more apt to buy things than you would. I wonder how that works for you at your birthday and Christmas? Does he provide well for you? Hmmmmm :)

melissa walker said...

That exhibit came to Chicago a couple years ago and even though Paul was out of town, I dragged all four kids to go see it--they weren't old enough to be as enthralled as I (or your kids) were!

Brock Family said...

Actually, my husband is more fun than I am and can be talked into buying cool things:)

Cathe (Halstead) Reid said...

My parents said they saw you at Harry Potter =)